- Must purchase BACTERIOSTATIC WATER to mix.
MELANOTAN II AND MELANIN PRODUCTION
Melanotan II (MT2) is a stimulating peptide which induces skin tanning. Melanocyte Stimulating Hormones (MSH) are a class of peptide hormones produced in the intermediate lobe of the pituitary gland that stimulate pigment cells (melanocytes) in the skin and hair to produce and release melanin which leads to darker skin and hair. Melanotan II increases melanin production via stimulation of skin pigment cells called melanocytes.
What is Melanin?
Melanin is the skin pigment produced that protects our skin from sun’s UV radiation and damage. It could be considered our body’s own natural sunscreen. Low levels of melanin mean that the skin is highly susceptible to DNA damage with excess sun exposure. This lack of melanin and its protection against UV radiation means that those individuals with fair skin have a propensity to burn and risk more DNA damage. It also means that a lot of time is invested their ability to develop a tan safely without burning.
Receiving an adequate supply of vitamin D from the sun without being at risk of developing melanoma is somewhat of a balancing act. Studies have already discovered that staying out of the sun to prevent melanoma can cause vitamin D deficiency.
How to stimulate melanin production with tanning peptides
To get a safe tan, we need to stimulate the melanocyte stimulating hormone responsible for increasing melanin production. Scientists discovered the use of a “tanning peptide” when investigating possible ways to treat skin cancer. They hypothesized that by inducing the body’s natural pigmentary system through the process of melanogenesis, a protective tan could be produced before UV exposure, thereby reducing the potential for skin damage. With just a little UV exposure, the release of a- Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone stimulates a natural increase in the production of melanin from the melanocytes in the skin. Use of the tanning peptide provides more a-MSH which results in more melanin being produced and greater tanning potential (skin pigmentation) regardless of your skin type.
Clinical trials have shown that use of Melanotan II may hold the potential to promote melanogenesis, with minimal side effects. The primary role of melanogenesis is to protect the hypodermis, which is the layer under the skin from the UV-B light that causes damage. It works by absorbing all of the UV-B light, which blocks its passage into the skin layer.
Benefits of a Melanocyte Stimulating Hormone:
- The ability to achieve a darker tan with less exposure to UV radiation
- Possible reduction in the risk of Melanoma (skin cancer)
- A possible reduction in the incidence of sun-damaged skin
- Fair skin individuals have the ability to develop a tan through the use of the MT2 peptide.
- It can lead to reduction in body fat
- No sunburn, No tan lines
- No sunless tanning streaks or fake tan removal
- It can increase libido
- (During clinic trials for its use as a tanning agent, melanotan II was found to be a potent stimulator of male erections. It has also been shown to increase female sexual desire in patients with sexual arousal disorder).
While MT2 was initially developed for its potential tanning effects, it gained attention for its ability to influence sexual arousal and desire.
Here's how MT2 may impact sex drive:
- Increased Libido: MT2 is believed to stimulate the melanocortin receptors in the brain, which are associated with sexual arousal. This can lead to an increase in sexual desire and a heightened interest in sexual activities.
- Erectile Function: MT2 may contribute to improved erectile function by enhancing blood flow to the genital area. Improved blood circulation can lead to firmer and longer-lasting erections, supporting sexual performance.
- Enhanced Sensation: Some users of MT2 report heightened sensations during sexual activity, which can lead to more intense and pleasurable experiences.
- Desire in Women: While MT2's effects on women's sexual arousal are less studied, there is some evidence to suggest that it could potentially enhance sexual desire and arousal in females as well.
|Application||A synthetic analogue of the peptide hormone α-melanocyte-stimulating hormone|
|Amino Acid Sequence||Ac-Nle-Asp(1)-His-D-Phe-Arg-Trp-Lys(1)-NH2|
|Storage||Store in refrigerator at 4°C, tightly sealed, away from heat, light and moisture.|
|Solubility||Soluble in water|
|Organoleptic Profile||Fine white powder in 3mL glass aliquot|
|Composition||Each aliquot contains Melanotan 2 10mg|
|Specification||Melanotan 2 content (per aliquot):
Melanotan 2 10mg
|Terms||This material is sold for laboratory research use only. Terms of sale apply. Not for human consumption, nor medical, veterinary, or household uses. Please click the word Research Chemical to better understand what they are. Research Chemical.|
TERMS: All products sold by APEX LABS are expressly intended for research and laboratory purposes only. These products are not designed, formulated, or approved for human consumption, medical, veterinary, or household applications.
APEX LABS maintains a no-sell list of individuals and entities that have been found to violate our intended use policy. Any person or organization found to be using our products improperly will be added to this list, thereby prohibiting them from making future purchases from APEX LABS.